Textbook Rental Agreement
Terms and Conditions
- By executing this RENTAL transaction you are entering into a Textbook Rental Agreement
(the "Agreement") with the Islander Bookstore (the "Bookstore"). This Rental Agreement is a
contract with legal obligations and you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed
to the terms and conditions set forth below.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and all information you provide to the Bookstore in
connection with this Agreement must be accurate and complete. The email address you provide
us will be used for all communications from the Bookstore to you regarding this Textbook Rental
Agreement, including Rental Return Date reminders.
- All rented material (the "Rentals") are the property of the Bookstore
and you must return them in saleable condition to the Bookstore by the Rental Return Date.
You are responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of the Rentals.
- Refunds: You will be entitled to a full refund of the Rental Fees only if
you return your Rental(s) on or before the Rental Refund Date shown on your receipt, and posted
at the bookstore and on the website. The Rental Refund Date is the same date for non-rental
purchases (typically at the start of a new term).
- Credit Card as Security: The credit card used for payment of the Rental
Fee will be used as security for payment until the Rental(s) are returned to the Bookstore and/or
all applicable Fees are paid. You must maintain this credit card open and in good standing until
all your obligation regarding this Agreement have been met.
- Rental Return Date: You must return the Rental(s) to the Bookstore by
the Rental Return Date. We are not responsible for reminding you of your Rental Return Date.
Any and all notifications are a courtesy. If Rental(s) are returned after the Rental Return Date,
you will be charged a Late Return Fee.
- Failure to Return: If you fail to return the Rental(s) by the Rental
Return Date, you will be in default of the Agreement and you authorize the Bookstore to charge
all appropriate fees (including Non-Return Fee), to the credit card on file used as security on your
account. In the event the credit card used as security for this account, is no longer valid or the
purchasing credit limit of credit card has been exceeded, the Bookstore may assign this account
to a third party for collection. If it becomes necessary to turn this account over to a third party
for collection, you agree to pay any and all additional collection costs (ie, legal fees) which will
be added to the outstanding account balance.
- Conditions upon Return: Minimal highlighting and writing
(pencil only) in your Rental(s) is permitted and acceptable. However, you must return
your Rental(s) in complete and saleable condition (the spine of the book is intact, there is no
moisture/stain damage to the book, and all component parts of the book are present). The
Bookstore will determine salable condition of a textbook and all such decisions are final. You will
be charged a Damaged Book Fee if your book is returned damaged.
- Option to Buy (Buyout): You have the option to purchase your Rental(s)
at any time until the Rental Return Date. To do this you will pay the amount
equal to the textbook list price minus the Rental Fee initially paid. You can rent any textbook(s)
available for rent at any time during the semester. You may return the Rental(s) at any time
before the Rental Return Date but you will not be reimbursed for any portion of the Rental Fee.
(Except for refunds).
- Buyout: Retail price minus Rental Fee paid (plus tax).
- Late Return Fee:$10.00 - Return done after Rental Return Date.
- Non-Return Fee: Buyout plus $10.00
- Damaged Book Fee: Buyout plus $10.00